Hospitality Industry Property Risks: Hawaii Restaurant Fire Caused By Leak From “Corroded Gas Line Fitting”; $25,000 In Fire And Water Damage

“…the fire was started by a gas leak at a fitting to a kitchen table, which had corroded, said Fire Captain Terry Restaurant FireSeelig, department spokesman…a worker, who was cleaning the kitchen after the restaurant had closed, was treated at the scene for burns to the front of his body before being taken to a burn center…”

A 43-year-old man was taken to the hospital in serious condition Monday after he was burned while cleaning the kitchen of a ramen restaurant in the Mililani Town Center. The flash fire was ignited by a pilot light, which also activated the restaurant’s sprinkler system. The fire was brought under control by 10:30 p.m.

The fire and the water from the sprinkler system caused $25,000 worth of damage in the kitchen of New Genki Ramen at 95-1249 Meheula Parkway.

For more:  http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/193327801.html

Leave a comment

Filed under Fire, Injuries, Insurance, Liability, Management And Ownership

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s